Warning: Xournal++ Mobile is currently in early development and not yet stable. Use with caution!
Download From Google Play Store
A port of the main features of Xournal++ to various Flutter platforms like Android, iOS and the Web.
Mission completed: We can now render strokes, images and text and LaTeX!. We thereby support the full
.xopp file format. 🎉
sudo snap install xournalpp-mobile
- Read the document title
- Read and display the number of pages
- Create thumbnails of the pages for the navigation bar
- Smooth fade in after thumbnail rendering
- Render images on the canvas
- Render text on the canvas
- Recent files list
- Whiteout eraser
- Basic editing
- Immense memory consumption: If you open immense files, you get immense memory consumption. That’s logic. Usually, Xournal++ Mobile takes twice the file size plus around 50MB for itself.
- But why does it take twice the memory?: No idea.
- The snap does not start on Linux when using wayland: Please set the environment variable
DISABLE_WAYLAND=1before you start Xournal++ Mobile.
The GitHub respository is only a mirrored repsoitory. Please only contribute to the original repository on GitLab.
Get your information about the
.xopp file format at http://www-math.mit.edu/~auroux/software/xournal/manual.html#file-format .
Install Flutter first. See flutter.dev for more details.
# Run Flutter doctor to check whether the installation was successful flutter doctor
Connect any Android or iOS device.
git clone https://gitlab.com/TheOneWithTheBraid/xournalpp_mobile.git cd xournalpp_mobile flutter run
If you want to test for the web, please run:
flutter channel beta flutter upgrade flutter config --enable-web flutter run -d web --release # unfortunately, the debug flavour will result an empty screen
Windows is supported and tested too, but there are unfortunately no prebuilt binaries available. Execute the following commands to build them yourself.
If you want to test for Linux, Windows or macOS, please run:
flutter channel master flutter upgrade flutter config --enable-linux-desktop # or --enable-macos-desktop or --enable-windows-desktop flutter run -d linux # or macos or windows
Our primary color is the Material DeepPurple. I simply prefer a colorful application over an old-fashioned gray GTK+ application.
rgb(103, 58, 183) /
CMYK(44%, 68%, 0%, 28%) /
hsl(261°, 51%, 48%)
The accent color is Material Pink.
rgb(233, 30, 99) /
CMYK(0%, 87%, 58%, 9%)/
hsl(340°, 81%, 51%)
The light color is White.
rgb(255, 255, 255) /
CMYK(0%, 0%, 0%, 0%)/
hsl(0°, 0%, 100%)
The dark color is Material Blue Grey 900.
rgb(38, 50, 56) /
CMYK(32%, 11%, 0%, 78%)/
hsl(200°, 19%, 18%)
- Display Text: Open Sans Extra Bold (800)
Apache 2.0, accent color or light color
- Title and Heading: Open Sans Regular (400)
Apache 2.0, light color
- Emphasis: Glacial Indifference Regular (400)
SIL Open Font License, light color, UPPERCASE
- Body: Open Sans Light (300)
Apache 2.0, light color
You can download flutter app source from Github.